Monday, March 4, 2024

archiveAbout 70%


About 70% of premature cancer deaths in 2020 preventable, 30% treatable: Lancet

NEW DELHI, SEPTEMBER 28: About 70% of the 5.3 million premature deaths from cancer globally in 2020 were preventable, while the remaining 30% were treatable, according to a new The Lancet Global Health research. Of the total deaths, 2.9 million were in men, while 2.3 million were in women, the study said, which had used the GLOBOCAN 2020 database on cancer mortality from the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) for analysis. The IARC conducts and coordinates research into the causes of cancer and is an inter-governmental agency under...