Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Top Stories

RPP launches ‘crowd funding’ for Foothill Road

Nagaland News

DIMAPUR, SEPTEMBER 3: The Rising People’s Party (RPP) today launched a ‘crowd funding’ for the completion of the Foothill Road, the work of which has been halted since August 2016.
The 396-km long Foothill Road project or “Trans-Nagaland Expressway” was conceptualized by Government of Nagaland in 1974 but has not been completed till date.


The proposed road connects 7 of the 12 districts of Nagaland and would serve as a crucial life-life for the people in terms of communication and economic development once it is completed.
Speaking on the occasion, President of Rising Youth, Zhokhoi Chuzo disclosed that the Foothill Road project was revived in 2013 by a coordination committee called Nagaland Foothill Road Co-ordination Committee (NFHRCC) comprising of 11 representatives from 11 tribal bodies (Hohos), which appealed to the State Government for completion of the road.
He said individuals, civil societies and churches, understanding the crucial purpose of this road, made their valuable contributions in cash and kind but yet again the project came to a grinding halt after August 2016, owing to insufficient funding and misplaced priorities of the Government.
According to NFHRCC, 90% of the earth-cutting work has been completed. What still awaits completion is the remaining 10% earth-cutting and the completion of a major bridge over the Doyang River after which the roads will be at least motorable giving great solace and relief to the suffering population, he added
Chuzho is undertaking the huge responsibility to crowd-fund the completion of the Foothill Road. The objective is to seek a fund of Rs 10 crore during a campaign for 100 days, which began today. All donations received will be utilized purely for the completion of ‘Foothill Road’ Project. After the crowd-funding campaign is over, the fundraiser (Zhokhoi Chuzho) will hand over the donated amount to the appropriate authority.
Chuzo also clarified that the RPP is not trying to overtake any organization but just giving a helping hand towards the completion of the project.


Stating that crowd-funding will be totally transparent, he called upon people to come forward and donate for the project.
Mughato Swu, Team member, Social Media, RPP, explained that they have tied up with Milaap, a crowd-funding platform, from where people can directly donate any amount they like for the project. To donate, one can log on to: https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support-foothill-road and follow the instructions.
Today, Miss Phek 2019 Munulu Chizo was the first person to donate Rs 30000 for the project. (Page News Service)

error: