Dimapur, November 8: The Nagaland State Disaster Management Authority has informed that the following activities will be undertaken during Nagaland Emergency Preparedness Exercise (NEPEx) which is planned to be held on November 20 and 21:
1. The Drill will be undertaken simulating the extreme weather condition in Nagaland on November 21, 2019.
2. The District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) will identify Staging Area. Relief Camp. Helibase. Helipad. Incident Command Post. Operation Section. Planning Section and Logistics Section before the event.
3. The DDMA will identify 4 major schools, 2 hospitals, shopping complex, 26 residential locations and 8 offices, major roads, and any local vulnerable place in districts as affected site.
4. The DDMA will identify 200 volunteers who would act as casualties and injured victims. Also, it is mandator)’ that some of the volunteers should act as people with disability.
5. The DDMA will use the trained Community First Responders / Aapdamitra trained Volunteers at the village level. (List enclosed for DDMAs only).
6. The DDMA will use the Village Disaster Management Authority (VDMA) in the NEPEx event.
7. The DDMA will identify local Inter Agency Group (IAG) operating in the districts for coordination and partnership during the NEPEx.
8. The DDMA will identify 6 local observer who would oversee the districts NEPEx on November 20- 21.
9. All the AHODs. HODs at the state level will participate in the Table Top Conference at Secretariat Conference Hall, Kohima, on November 20. Simultaneously DDMAs will also conduct table top exercise in their respective district along with line department and stakeholder on November 20.
(Page News Service)