NASSA sets June 13 deadline for revocation of Dr Antony’s appointment as NLA Principal Secretary
Court hearing on June 15
KOHIMA, JUNE 10: The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Nagaland Assembly Secretariat Staff Association (NASSA) today threatened to intensify its ongoing agitation if the appointment of Dr PJ Antony from the post of Principal Secretary in the Assembly Secretariat is not revoked by June 13.
The NASSA made the demand through a representation submitted by its Joint Action Committee (JAC) to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) Speaker on Thursday, stated in a press release jointly issued by NASSA secretary Talirenla and JAC secretary SezotoTheyo here today.
They said that the JAC in its meeting held on Friday re-affirmed and resolved to adhere to its earlier resolution and strive to fight for the revocation of the appointment order of Dr. PJ Antony (Retired Officer) to the Post of Principal Secretary in the Nagaland Legislative Assembly Secretariat.
Therefore, the agitation and protest in the form of pen-down strike by wearing black badges will continue indefinitely, they informed, adding that an ultimatum had been served to the competent authority to revoke/cancel the appointment order of Dr. PJ Antony (Retired Officer) latest by June 13.
The Assembly Secretariat staff cautioned that in the event of the failure to address the ultimatum within the specified period, the JAC resolved to prevent Dr. Antony from entering the premises of the NLA Secretariat Complex.
Any undesired situation arising out of forceful entry into the Secretariat premises, Dr. PJ Antony shall be doing so, at his own risk, they said.
Meanwhile, the NLA authorities have reportedly submitted their affidavits to the Gauhati High Court, Kohima Bench on the writ petition filed against the extension of service of Dr Antony by NASSA.
The Court hearing on the matter has been fixed for June 15, sources said.
(Page News Service)