Kohima, February 21: Nagaland Lokayukta received only 23 complaints from January to December 2020, but there are 38 regular cases and 50 cases under preliminary inquiry, including against top politician and Government officials.
The Second Annual Report of Nagaland Lokayukta highlighted the number of complaints filed against different departments by the pubic and also investigation into cases of misappropriation as pointed out by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India reports, etc.
Most of the cases are related to misappropriation of public funds by Government officials.
The annual report said the Lokayukta received only 23 cases last year – a decline in the number of complaints filed could be due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the new complaints, the Nagaland Lokayukta has a total of 111 cases out of which 12 cases have been disposed off.
“We are confident that with the active participation of the pubic and the dedication of the officers and staff of the Nagaland Lokayukta Organization, the issue of any form of corruption will be addressed effectively and clear message will be send to the people that the State is determined to prevent and control corruption,” the annual report stated.
Some cases under investigation by Lokayukta:
- Complaint against Deputy Chief Minister, Y. Patton
- Complaints against illegal appointment under Police Department
- Complaints against illegal appointments under Police Department (2016-19)
- Complaint against appointment under PWD (W&H) Department
- Enquiry into the construction of Kohima city by-pass check gate to Phesama check gate
- Misappropriation of fund amounting to Rs 2921.10 lakhs under NLCPR in PHE Department
- Irregular appointment and regularization, grant of scale pay and promotion under NPWD in respect of
- Irregularities and mismanagement of Mid-Day Meal in School Education Department
- Undue benefit of Rs 10,13,40,000 crore to M/s Kodonyi Enterprise represented by Kedotsolo Venuh and others for setting up of MRI at Nagaland Hospital Authority, Kohima, by the Medical Department
- Complaint against misappropriation/misutilization under Disaster Management, Nagaland, Kohima from 2011-2016
*Complaint against fund misappropriation of the 2-laning of Chakhabama-Zunheboto road and questionable lapses of responsible authorities
- Complaint against illegal appointment and regularization and absorptions of officers in the Department of Industries & Commerce, etc. (Page News Service)