Dimapur, May 12: Nagaland Chief Secretary, Temjen Toy IAS today said that Government of Nagaland has been making detailed plans to bring in people of Nagaland who are stranded outside the State in a staggered manner keeping in view the limitations in infrastructure for quarantine and other resources. However, he said the Government of India’s 11th May announcement on introduction/resumption of special train services from Delhi and other major cities has thrown these plans out of gear and the State Government is, therefore, working on a new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) so that the required quarantine and other protocols are put in place before the arrival of the stranded and distressed citizens into the State.
In the meantime, several civil societies, tribal hohos and NGOs have made appeals to the citizens stranded or staying outside the State not to come back at this juncture unless it is unavoidable.
The State government appreciated these appeals, given the fact that states bringing in stranded people from affected parts of the country have resulted in the increase of Covid-19+ cases in those states. This is therefore a matter of great concern and a challenge for Nagaland which has fortunately remained Covid-19 free so far, he stated.
Under these circumstances, the State Government has decided to give first priority and preference to stranded senior citizens and patients who had gone for medical treatment, distressed persons and those facing difficulties for repatriation to the State.
The Government has also decided to give Rs. 10,000 to those citizens of Nagaland presently staying outside who opt to stay back where they are at present. In this connection it is also cautioned that systems have been put in place to check fraudulent claims and punish such dishonest opportunists.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio has convened a meeting with all civil societies on May 13 in Dimapur, to invite opinions and discuss issues in this connection. (Page New Service)