Dimapur, May 14: The State Government, in a notification by the ACS & Finance Commissioner & Convenor, Empowered Group, Sentiyanger Imchen, IAS, has informed on the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for people entering Nagaland.
SOP procedure for people entering Nagaland
1. The Deputy Commissioners of the Districts of Nagaland have been designated Nodal Authority for receiving stranded persons to the State.
2. Persons returning from Green and Orange Zones will be screened upon arrival and if found to be asymptomatic, shall undergo institutional quarantine for 3 (three) days and thereafter be placed under mandated Home Quarantine for 14 (fourteen) days. Necessary documentation and mandatory download of mobile app for monitoring shall be completed at the institutional quarantine facility.
3. Persons returning from Red Zones or crossing Red Zone areas en-route to Nagaland, shall be screened at designated Screening facilities and will undergo 14 (fourteen) days of Institutional Quarantine and thereafter undergo 14 (fourteen) days Home Quarantine.
4. The stranded returnees inbound for Dimapur, Mon and Peren shall be initially quarantined at Dimapur and sent to their districts to complete their mandated Quarantine period in the designated district Quarantine Centres or Home Quarantine as the case may be.
5. The returnees inbound to the rest of the districts shall be quarantined at Kohima initially and thereafter be sent to respective districts to complete the remaining quarantine period in the designated District Quarantine Centres or Home Quarantine as the case may be.
By Road on arrival by State/self-arranged vehicles at designated Dimapur Check Gate (2 PM -4 PM):
1. To avoid overcrowding at the Dimapur Check Gate, all returnees shall be escorted first to Agri Expo Dimapur.
2. At Agri Expo, screening and segregation will be done. Those found asymptomatic shall be allowed to proceed to the Quarantine Center.
3. The Medical Department will identify those returnees showing symptoms and forward them to the designated medical facility for further treatment.
4. On arrival at the respective Quarantine Centres, the Medical Department will take over starting with registration and documentation.
On arrival at Dimapur Railway Station:
1. Transport Department/Committee will arrange sufficient fleet of buses to ferry the returnees from the railway station to Agri Expo and thereafter to Quarantine Centre.
2. The Medical Department will install sufficient numbers of Camera Thermal Scanners to screen multiple passengers at a time.
3. Those found asymptomatic shall be allowed to proceed to the Agri Expo site under Police Escort, for registration and segregation and thereafter will be placed in various pre-designated Quarantine Centres.
4. The Medical Department will identify those returnees showing symptoms and forward them to the designated medical facility for further treatment.
5. Upon arrival at the Agri Expo site, the returnees will be screened, segregated and dispatched to various Quarantine Centres at Dimapur/ Kohima.
On arrival at Dimapur Airport:
1. Medical department shall thermal screen every passenger. Asymptomatic passengers shall be ferried to the Agri Expo site in designated buses arranged by the Transport Department, with Police escort. Symptomatic passengers shall be taken to the designated medical facility for further line of treatment.
2. On arrival at the Agri Expo site, returnees shall be screened, segregated and shall be placed in the various pre-designated Quarantine Centres either in Dimapur or Kohima.
3. Vehicles will not be allowed into the airport area.
By Road on arrival by State/self arranged vehicles at designated Kohima Check Gate (2-4 PM):
1. The Medical Department will screen the returnees and those with symptoms will be forwarded to the designated medical facility for further treatment.
2. Those asymptomatic returnees shall be allowed to proceed to Quarantine Centres under Police Escort.
3. On arrival at the respective Quarantine Centres, the Medical Department will take over starting with registration and documentation.
Entry by personal vehicles at Dimapur Check Gates/Kohima Check Gates (2-4 PM):
1. Those returnees entering through Dimapur Check Gates (Dillai Check Gate /New Field Check Gate) will undergo the institutional quarantining at Dimapur Quarantine Centres irrespective of the district to which they are finally bound for.
2. Similarly, those returnees entering through Kohima Check Gate (Khuzama Check Gate) will undergo the institutional quarantining at Kohima Quarantine centres irrespective of the district to which they are finally bound for.
1. Protocol for Home Quarantine will be as per the provisions notified by the Medical Department.
2. All persons before proceeding for Home Quarantine shall be stamped with Quarantine Stamp on the back of the palm of the left hand at the quarantine centers. The stamp will mention the date upto which the person is required to be under Home Quarantine. In addition, the indelible ink will also be applied on the right-hand thumb from the top of the nail to the bottom of the joint.
1. Protocol for Institutional Quarantine will be as per the provisions notified by the Medical Department.
Quarantine of Medical Patients returning to Nagaland
1. Protocol for quarantining of Medical Patients and their attendants will be as per the SOP made by the Medical Department in this regard.
(Page News Service)