Dimapur, February 1: The Khonoma Village Council and Khonoma Youth Organization along with Eco Tourism Management Committee (ETMC) held meeting and has decided to re-open Khonoma for tourist (domestic) and visitors with effect from February 1.
In a statement, the KVC and KYO stated that all tourists must come through a Nagaland Government registered tour operator.
Khonoma village will re-open tourism activities with the following SoPs :
- All Tourists must come through a Nagaland Government Registered Tour Operator
- Tourist planning to visit Khonoma are allowed only on Pre-booking and Package tours.
- COVID-19 negative test report done not earlier then three (3) days prior to arrival in Nagaland through RT-PCR/TrueNat/CBNAAT.
- Every Tourist before his/her entry into the village must fulfill the directed SOPs given by the Government of Nagaland, Tourism Department dated 22nd Dec, 2020.
- Visitors/Tourists planning to visit Khonoma Dzükou must take a local guide. Guides can be availed through Khonoma Tour Operators.
- Visitors/Tourists visiting Khonoma should follow 3Ws and avoid 3Cs during their stay. 3Ws – Wear Mask, Wash Hands, Watch Distance. 3Cs – Crowded Places, Close Contact, Closed & Enclosed Spaces
- Visitors/Tourists coming to Khonoma for picnic/ sightseeing should leave Khonoma jurisdiction by 5:00 PM in the winter and 6:00 PM in the summer.
- Collecting of flora and fauna, washing of vehicles/ cloths in rivers, anti social elements are strictly prohibited.
- Visitors/Tourists violating the above mentioned SOPs will be penalized by Khonoma Youth Organisation (KYO)
Visitors & Tourist planning to visit Khonoma for Trekking, Stay, Hiking, Bird Watching, Butterfly watching, Village walk, Students trip and other activities can contact the following :
Alder Tours and Travel : Email – email@example.com, Contact – 986224649/9436011266
- Tribal Voyage – Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact – 8837409590/9862333376/8794029120
- Eastern Green Tours – Email – email@example.com, Contact – 8974464632
- Ecotone Tours and Travels – Email-ecotonetoursandt firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact – 9856119175/ 8974906631
- Naga Bivouac – Email – email@example.com, Contact – 8575185649
- Pier Tours – Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Contact – 9402905046/7085982245
- Adventure Nagaland Tours – Email – adventure firstname.lastname@example.org, Contact – 9856556674
- Eco Tours – Email – email@example.com, Contact – 9856834864/9436071046
(Page News Service)