Dimapur, August 2: The last formal Indo-Naga peace talks between the Government of India and the NSCN (IM) appears to have suffered a blow with the NSCN (IM) feeling unsatisfied with the outcome of the latest negotiation.
While it is not known what disgruntled the NSCN (IM) in the latest round of negotiation with India, the MIP NSCN in a statement said the last formal talks held with the Government of India did not go down well the NSCN negotiators led by Ato Kilonser Th Muivah.
In the wake of the latest setback in the talks, a joint council meeting of the steering committee, council of kiloners, tatars, HoDs and brigadiers & above held Friday at the council headquarters, Hebron, took note of the prevailing political situation as discussed earlier in the meeting convened by the collective leadership, members of the collective leadership and NSCN members, the MIP said.
Stating the NSCN is “sufficiently aware of the divisive policy of the enemy from within and outside,” the NSCN (IM) made it clear that it will not allow any adversary to confuse and divide the Nagas.
“The NSCN is profoundly convinced of the absolute righteousness of the Naga national struggle in defense of their historical right over their land and the political right to determine their future, despite all vociferous noise to cause confusion among the Naga people desperately designed by the adversaries and the deep elements among the Nagas, who are dancing to the tune of their political masters,” it said.
The NSCN made it position clear that it will stand true to the end till the Nagas achieve an honorable solution to the Indo-Naga political conflict.
“NSCN shall uphold the 3rd August, 2015 Framework Agreement and strive to conclude the ongoing Indo-Naga political negotiation honorably,” it said.
“Come what may, the NSCN shall unwaveringly stand on the Naga national decision,” it stated.
(Page News Service)