Dimapur, February 15: One house was razed in a fire incident at Seiuruzha Colony, Dimapur on Monday. However there was no casualty.
Nagaland Fire & Emergency Services informed that on receiving fire call at 9:23 am on Monday at Seiuruzha Colony, Dimapur, F&ES team from Fire Station Chümoukedima responded to control the fire. One katcha house along with household belonging was razed in the inferno, and property worth Rs 8 lakhs (approx) was lost.
Due to timely information and response, fire was prevented from spreading further to the surrounding houses. The cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit, it informed. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI T. Jonaba.
Earlier on February 13, a fire at Mishikito village, Thilixu area Dimapur was gutted a house with four rooms and a kitchen. F&ES said a team from Fire Station Dimapur (Central) managed to control the fire from spreading further to an immediate brick house and a mini bus was salvaged. Property worth Rs 15 lakhs (approx) was lost in the fire.
Cause of fire is suspected to be from electrical short circuit, it informed. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI G. Niamlungpou Gonmei.
Jungle Fire at Wokha
In another incident, jungle fire at Lower Mount Tiyi, Wokha destroyed tree plantation and property worth Rs 50,000 (approx). Team from Fire Station Wokha managed to control the fire from spreading to residential area.
F&ES said the cause of fire could not be ascertained. The response team was led by Duty Commander ASI Bumo Hayang Chang. (Page News Service)