Monday, January 25, 2021
Nagaland

House gutted in Mokokchung

Dimapur, June 21: A house was completely razed in a fire at Kumlong Ward, Mokokchung on Sunday morning. The cause of fire is reported to be due to LPG leakage.
According to State Fire and Emergency Services, on receiving fire call at 10:33 am on June 21 at Kumlong Ward, Mokokchung, the F&ES mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Mokokchung to control the fire. Two fire tenders along with sufficient fire personnel were pressed into action.
One Kutcha house comprising of two rooms and kitchen were completely razed down in the inferno. Due to narrow passage, the fire personnel had much difficulty in reaching the fire site, the release informed. However due to timely response from Fire Team, the fire was prevented from spreading to the adjoining houses from the inferno. No casualty was reported.
Dimapur: In yet another incident, on receiving fire call at11:19 am on June 21 at 4th Mile Diphupar ‘A’, Dimapur, F&ES mobilized a quick response team from Fire Station Chumoukedima & Dimapur (Central) to control the fire. Three fire tenders along with fire personnel and equipments were dispatched, and due to the timely response, the fire was brought under control and also from further spreading.
One Assam type house was completely razed down in the inferno. Property worth Rs 70 lakhs was destroyed in the inferno, it informed. However, no casualty was reported.
The cause of the fire was \due to short circuit, the release informed. (Page News Service)

error: