Dimapur, September 17: A house was gutted at industrial village Razhuphe, Dimapur on Thursday. However, no casualty was reported in the fire.
According to Fire & Emergency Services, after receiving a fire call at Industrial Village Razhuphe, near DC Court Office, Dimapur, a quick response team from Fire Station Dimapur (West) was mobilized to control the fire. Two Fire Tenders along with sufficient equipments & fire personnel were pressed into action.
Approximately Rs 1.50 lakhs property was lost in the inferno. However due to timely response from fire personnel, properties worth over Rs 1 crore (approx) could be salvaged and prevented the fire from spreading and also two gas cylinders from explosion.
Fire & Emergency Services said the cause of fire was due to electrical short circuit. The response team was led by Duty Commander S.I Thungathung T Shitiri. (Page News Service)