Dimapur, March 30: Complying with the order issued by the Union Home Secretary, Government of India, to avoid any ambiguity at the ground level Home Commissioner Abhijit Sinha IAS on 29th March 2020 issued clarifications to all the DC’s in Nagaland the reiterated exemption list, namely:
1. Transportation of all goods, without distinction of essential and non-essential.
2. ‘Pension’ includes pension and provident fund services provided by Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
3. Services of Indian Red Cross Society.
4. Groceries include hygiene products such as hand washes, soaps, disinfectants, body wash, shampoos, surface cleaners, detergents and tissue papers, toothpaste/ oral care, sanitary pads and diapers, battery cells, chargers etc.
5. Entire supply chain of milk collection and distribution, including its packaging material is allowed.
6. News paper delivery supply chain under print media.
7. Use of SDRF for homeless people, including migrant labourers, stranded due to lockdown measures, and sheltered in the relief camps and other places for providing them food etc., for the containment of spread of Covid-19 virus.
8. Additional measures to stop the movement of migrants and providing them with quarantine facilities, shelters, food etc., and ensuring payment of wages and non- eviction by their landlords.
ITEMS/ACTIVITIES EXEMPTED FROM THE PREVIEW OF THE LOCKDOWN MEASURES
Home Commissioner Abhijit Sinha IAS complying with the order issued by the Union Home Secretary instructed the Deputy Commissioners of the respective districts to exempt the items/activities from the preview of the lockdown measures on 29th March 2020.
Following are the items/activities exempted from the lockdown measures:
1. Agencies engaged in procurement of agriculture products including MSP operations.
2. ‘Mandis’ operated by the agriculture product market committee or as notified by the State Government.
3. Shops of fertilizers.
4. Farming operations by farmers and farm workers in the field.
5. Custom Hiring Centers (CHC) related to farm machinery.
6. Manufacturing and packaging units of fertilizers, pesticides and seeds.
7. Intra and inter-state movement of harvesting and sowing related machines like combined harvester and other agriculture/horticulture implements.
Home Commissioner has requested all the DCs to implement the above instructions in their respective districts.
(Page News Service)