Dimapur, September 5: A major fire broke out within the complex of the Nilli Nissan showroom at Purana Bazar early Saturday morning.
The main showroom housing the new vehicles was untouched by the raging fire whereas 4 rooms in the building including the motor parts room and testing room were destroyed in the inferno.
Talking to Nagaland Page, Officer-in-charge, Dimapur Fire Bridge Station, A Wati Jamir said that on receiving a telephonic call around 7.50 a.m. by a resident of the area informing about the occurrence a fire incident in Purana Bazar Nilli Showroom, 4 fire tenders were immediately pressed into service which brought down the flames.
“Our four fire tenders reached within few minutes and fortunately were able to bring the raging fire down from further spreading”, he maintained.
He said no one was injured in the fire incident.
Meanwhile, a press release issued by the Fire Department stated that property worth Rs 99.04 Lakhs were destroyed in the inferno. However due to timely response from Fire Personnel, properties worth over Rs 2.5 crore could be salvaged as the fire was prevented from spreading.
The cause of fire is due to short circuit.
The response team was led by OC, A Wati Jamir and Duty Commander, SI C Baushong Phom. (Page News Service)