1. Pursuant to our earlier press statements issued by the federation from time to time for an early solution of the protracted Naga Political issue, the Federation expresses our sadness to see the continued division among the Nagas even at this crucial juncture of peace talks. The Indo Naga political talk which has been consolidated with a delicate careful balance for an honorable and acceptable solution ensuring permanent peace in all Naga inhabited areas is earnestly awaited by the general Naga populace. The Federation places on record and appreciate the milestone achievement by GoI, NSCN IM and NNPG for showing extraordinary statesmanship, political acumen, patience and equilibrium to conclude the formal talks on 31st October 2019 for an inclusive solution covering all Naga inhabited areas, thereby taking the Naga political journey to a new level of political understanding with a bonhomie environment and genuine intentions to pave way for ushering peace, development removing the socio economic imbalance in all Naga areas on the basis of co-existence and mutual respect between two entities. It has been articulately achieved without losing sight on the core issues of the Nagas, i.e., unique political history, identity and legitimate rights of the Nagas which has been documented and recognized by GoI. The entire Nagas must not lose sight of this fact and accept this achievement as a nuclear family.
2. Given the fact that we have moved ahead in the political journey, the Federation cautions of any short-sighted propaganda with no clear landing ground or vision which facilitates ism, confusion and conflict in Naga areas with Naga public being the judge now, as the momentum for peace has gained sufficient force it is now unstoppable. Hence, we need to be watchful and introspective in our functioning and activities, to come together as a single entity of being a Naga family. The tears and suffering of many innocent Nagas in the past is coming to fruition for an honorable solution. The Naga public will respect whoever facilitates for the honorable solution and are also watchful to observe that in all Naga contiguous areas the armed struggle is put to rest, with space for unresolved issues to be pursued with the passage of time, without losing sight of the unique Naga Political History and the cherished common dreams in the future to live together under the same nation.
3. The federation makes the fervent appeal to both Naga Political Groups to lay out the clear post accord arrangement, Governance model and ideology which has been clearly agreed and accepted by GoI in the table. We believe that we have crossed the stage to be making political assumptions or interpretations as any negotiation or agreement can be legally binding and conclusive if both parties mutually accept i.e., GoI and the Naga Political Groups. To ink the final agreement, it needs to be deliberated with transparency on what is best to be taken for the Naga society in the present political context, which has been agreed by GoI and Naga political groups. Our Naga Political Struggle is a people’s movement, therefore, it is the sentiment of the entire Naga youth and the Naga people in general to have a say by disclosing the agreed points and deliberate the points which is acceptable with the public in the present Geo political scenario, closely reviewing issues obstructing the early signing of the peace accord for permanent peace in the region. It is the wishes of the Naga youth in general and the Naga people that issues which need further deliberation and is a bottleneck to the peace accord be documented for Naga generations ahead to take the correct course of action. We are resolute that in the process ahead there can be no compromise on the unique history, identity, legitimate political rights and aspirations of the Nagas.
4. The Federation appeals GoI to give genuine efforts and political will towards resolving the oldest political issue in the world and further appeals to the Interlocutor to take the peace talks ahead with all seriousness, sincerity and empathy based on Nagas unique history. We are hopeful that there will be logical conclusion to the armed struggle that will meet the aspirations of the Naga youth for a permanent peace in all Naga inhabited areas, thereby improving the quality of life. We are positive that post accord there will be no room for any form of conflict or fear in Naga soil that will create space for draconian laws. Early accord should usher in good governance, accountability and sustainable development, which is the key result area to achieve our aspirations towards our common goal.
5. The Nagas in the course of standing for our unique history and pursuing our common goal have suffered enough. The Federation stands committed and firm in upholding the Naga identity until our ultimate goal of sovereignty and integration is achieved. The artificial boundaries and circumstances created in the past shall not dissuade the federation from asserting the legitimate rights of the Naga people for all times to come.
Ninoto Awomi Dievi Yano
President, NSF Vice President, NSF
Disclaimer: Your Page will carry readers’ unplugged contributions. None of the features will be edited but the Editor reserves the right to withhold contributions considered inflammatory or libelous.