Kohima, August 23: Twelve teachers have been honoured with Kohima district teachers’ award here today in recognition of their immense contributions and services towards holistic education.
Speaking on the occasion, Kohima Deputy Commissioner, Gregory Thejawelie Sote while congratulating the recipients encouraged them to work harder to achieve greater awards at the higher levels.
He said that they can avail the opportunities and get further awards at the higher level by striving harder, not only for the sake of getting awards but for the overall growth of education.
“You all have become a role model and a source of inspiration,” he said while expressing hope that they would keep up the good work. He lauded them for the outstanding quality, dedication and sincerity in their service as teachers.
Stating that many programmes and policies have been framed for overall development of education, he asserted that unless the teachers are dedicated and work hard all those programmes would be meaningless. In this, he called upon the teachers to wake up and strive to implement the policies and programmes designed for the welfare of students and overall improvement of education system.
Director of School Education, Wonthongo Tsopoe said that the teachers who received award today have a huge responsibility to play.
“Let us not forget that we are rearing the next generation,” he said while calling upon the teachers to not only impart the textual knowledge but look into the overall development of the children.
Asking the teachers to work with all dedication and sincerity, Tsopoe urged upon them not to take domestic problems as their first priority but to give fullest concentration on their job.
He also urged the teachers to have the zeal and passion to work so that they will bring a difference. “Be an icon and set a good example,” he said.
He called upon the teachers to do their best and bring a change in the Naga society with the hope of having a better generation and brighter future.
Sub-divisional Education Officer (SDEO) of Chiephobozou Pelhouvolie and Tseminyu SDEO Yhunyule Kent also exhorted the teachers.
District Education Officer Kohima Y. Mary Zhimomi chaired the programme while Sr. SDEO, Kohima Dojü Khate delivered the vote of thanks. (Page News Service)
Kohima District Teachers Awardees:
* Vituohulie Yhome, L/T, P.U. Diploma in Tenyidie R?zhùkhrie GHSS Kohima
* Kikrukhrieto Nakhro, L/T, P.U. Diploma in Tenyidie John GHSS Viswema
* Tosovi Philip Khale, G/T, M.Sc, B.Ed. GHS PWD, Kohima
* Neikuosielie, P.E.T., B.A.,B.P.Ed, GHS Mezoma
* Kikrukhrie-ù Yhome, P/T, P.U.,ISTE GPS High School Area, Kohima.
* Ketouvoù Nagi, P/T, P.U., ISTE GPS Upper Jotsoma.
* Kiviholi T. Yeptho, G/T, B.A., B.d, GMS Merhùlietsa, Kohima
* Kathu Rengma, G/T, B.A.,B.Ed, GHS Kandinu.
* Mezhùlhoutuo-ù Solo, Assistant Teacher, B.A. Khedi Baptist Hr. Sec. School Kohima
* Vinod K.P, Assistant Teacher, M.Com., B.Ed., LLB. St. Mary’s Cathedral Higher Secondary School Kohima.
* Temsurenla Longkumer, Assistant Teacher, M.A., B.Ed. Chandmari Hr. Sec. School, Kohima.
* Indra Bahadur Khabas, Assistant Headmaster, B.Sc. Modern Academy, Kohima.