Dimapur, April 28: In view of pandemic of COVID-19 and in order to take preventive measures to contain the spread of the diseased in the district, Deputy Commissioner Dimapur has directed all Executive Magistrates and Incident Commanders that strict enforcement of Chief Secretary’s directive in public places is maintained.
The directives include:
1. Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all public place, work places.
2. All persons in charge of public places, work places and transport shall ensure special distancing as per the guidelines.
3. No organization/manager of public place shall allow gathering of 5 or more persons.
4. Gatherings such as marriages and funerals shall remain regulated by the District Magistrate.
5. Spitting in public space is punishable with fine.
6. There should be strict ban on sale of liquor, gutka, tobacco etc and spitting should be strictly prohibited.
The DC said action would be initiated against the defaulters as per Sec 188 of IPC and Sec 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005. (Page News Service)