Thursday, June 24, 2021

CPL: Case FC, Joga Bonito, Sporting Union & Natak FC wins

Dimapur, October 14: The Week 4 of the CPL Season 4 saw CASE FC, Joga Bonito, Sporting Union and Natak FC moving ahead with wins on Saturday.
Nizams FC were displaced from the top of the table as they were outplayed 1-3 by Natak FC to claim the top spot on goal difference.
Within minutes of starting the match, Supong beat the Nizams defense to score the opening goal for the Nataks. As the Nizams began to attack, Pele levelled the score with a well struck goal with a long range effort. However, in the 22nd minute, a penalty was awarded to Natak FC, which Rohit safely converted. Pokhotso sealed the game for the Nataks with a knuckleball shot which the Nizams custodian failed to save.
In another match, Joga Bonito outshined Ruboo United 5-1. Joga Bonito went ahead through the boots of Lipok with a powerful curling shot from the edge of the box.
After the break, Joga Bonito started attacking more and went 2-0 after Theja placed his shot neatly into the corner of the net. The third goal came from Kaisii from just inside the box. Ruboo pulled a goal back through Lanu after Joga Bonito players failed to clear the ball. With renewed hope Ruboo went looking for goals but were caught on the counter with Lipok scoring the 4th and 5th goal, completing a hattrick.
In the other matches, CASE FC defeated Super Strikers 3-1. A beautifully placed shot from Tongtong of CASE FC in the 9th minute gave his team the lead while Abenthung doubled the score in the 23rd minute.
In the second half, Jamonger sealed the game with a neat chip over the Super Strikers goalie that found the ball inside the net. The lone goal for Super Strikers was scored by Tali as he converted a penalty given for a handball.
The highlight of the day was the match played between Trinity Sporting and Sporting Union as the latter beat the former 6-3. Three time defending champions Trinity Sporting came into the match as everyone’s favorite against new team Sporting Union. And they lived up to expectations in the first half as they dominated possession and scored 3 goals in the opening 25 minutes – two from Viseyie and one from Atokito.
Despite being reduced to 10 men, Trinity was playing comfortably till the mist descended. Anal started the resurrection for Sporting Union in the 50th minute with a well worked goal. A stunning dipping long range effort was scored by Huka in the 54th minute, now the comeback was truly on, and it was completed in the 65th minute by Repakum after a surging run by the tireless centre back Talisunep of Sporting Union, who slipped a sublime through ball. By now the Trinity defence was all at sea. To rub salt to wound, Sporting Union just would not sit back and pumped in three more goals in the last 5 minutes through brilliant defence splitting passes.
(Page News Service)