Dimapur, April 16: In view of the lockdown being extended till May 3, Nagaland Government has ordered additional containment measures to be applicable throughout the state with immediate effect.
Chief Secretary, Temjen Toy issued an order in this regard on April 15 with following additional containment measures:
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all places, work places.
- All persons in charge of public place, work places and transport shall ensure social distancing as per the guidelines issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- No organization/manger of public place shall allow gathering of 5 or more persons.
- Gatherings such as marriages and funerals shall remain regulated by the District Magistrate.
- Spitting in public spaces shall be punishable with fines.
- There should be strict ban on sale of liquor, gutkha, tobacco etc and spitting should be strictly prohibited.
- All work places shall have adequate arrangements for temperature screening and provide sanitizers at convenient places.
- Work places shall have a gap of one hour between shifts and will stagger the lunch breaks of staff, to ensure social distancing.
- Persons above 65 years of age and persons with co-morbidities and parents of children below the age of 5 may be encouraged to work from home.
- Use of Arogya setu will be encouraged for all employees both private and public.
- All organizations shall sanitize their work places between shifts.
- Large meetings to be prohibited.
- Frequent cleaning of common surfaces and mandatory hand washing shall be mandated.
- No overlap of shifts and staggered lunch with social distancing in canteens shall be ensured.
- Intensive communication and training on good hygiene practices shall be taken up.
(Page News Service)