Last Updated on
Dimapur, March 25: Deputy Commissioner Dimapur Anoop Kinchi IAS, has informed the general public of Dimapur that locked down with effect from March 25 to April 12 is a precautionary measure against the spread of COVID-19.
He therefore, requested the public to mandatorily stay at home and to avoid all manner of public gatherings including family outings, picnics and other leisure activities.
Anoop Kinchi warned that violators would be punished asper Section 188 of Indian Penal Code.
Shops to be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Dimapur
With view to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to have more effective monitoring system, DC Dimapur directed all the shops selling essential commodities under Dimapur town to keep their shops open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. only with immediate effect till further order.
The general public have been informed to do their shopping at the time period as mentioned.
The order, however, directed pharmacies and medical shops to remain open during normal business hours
Directive to exempted shops
Deputy Commissioner Dimapur Anoop Kinchi IAS has issued precautionary measures for compliance by exempted shops and business establishments viz. Pharmacies, Fair Price Shops, Grocery stores, and vegetable vendors as follows:
1. All shopkeepers to wear face mask mandatorily and maintain distance from the public.
2. All shopkeepers to keep hand sanitizers or provide facilities for hand wash for their own and for public use.
3. Shops should be cleaned and sanitized.
4. All customers to maintain a distance of 1 ( one) meter from each other. The shop keepers to make provisions for maintaining the distance.
5. As far as possible only one member from a family may go out from their home to buy the essential commodities.
6. All those who are going out should wear masks.
7. People should not sit/ stand in groups outside the shops.
The order cautioned that action would be initiated against the defaulting individuals/ groups under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.
Home delivery of LPG
In view of the present situation, Deputy Commissioner, Dimapur directed SO(CC)& LPG Sales Dimapur SA to delivery LPG Cylinders at home.
(Page News Service)