Dimapur, July 9: In an unfortunate incident on the night of July 8, Old Jalukie Sector-B Baptist Church building was completely gutted by fire. The cause of fire is suspected to be electrical short circuit.
The fire incident was verified by District administration, police, ZBCC executives and general public. Cash and properties amounting to approximately Rs 12,25,200 were destroyed in the fire incident.
In this connection, Old Jalukie Village GB has lodged an FIR to the Officer-in-Charge of Peren Police Station and also written to the administration through ADC Jalukie to extend instant relief to the Church under Disaster Management Fund or any other related fund with adequate compensation to construct a new place of worship for the villagers, informed a DIPR report. (Page News Service)