Dimapur, July 23: In exercise of the powers conferred by the Nagaland Epidemic Disease (COVID-19) Regulations, 2020, the Department of Health & Family Welfare has issued the advisory on patients coming to Nagaland for treatment of Non-COVID illnesses as given below in the interest of public health.
All patients coming to Nagaland for treatment of Non-COVID health problems would mandatorily observe the following parameters:
1. To produce the following documents at the Point of Entry as well as at the Hospital:
(a) Negative COVID-19 Test report done by Real Time RT-PCR (Gold Test) of the patient as well as attendant(s).
(b) Acceptance Letter from the referring-in hospital i.e. the hospital where patient will be treated.
2. Only one attendant per patient at a time will be allowed inside the ward during hospitalization.
3. In the course of hospitalization, COVID-19 Testing by Rapid Antigen Test or by Truenat will be conducted in the following situations:
(a) Patient & their attendant(s) will be tested between 5th to 10th day of arrival.
(b) Pre-op investigation for patients undergoing aerosol generating surgical / non-surgical interventions.
The cost of such tests will be paid by the patient fixed by the department from time to time.
4. If any patient or their attendants(s) develops any sign/symptoms of ILI, SARI or COVID-19, the hospital would immediately report to the District Surveillance Unit and such cases would be immediately kept in isolation till the Lab result is available. If tested positive of COVID-19, all such cases would be transferred to COVID Care Centre or COVID-19 Hospital, as the case may be.
5. All patients and their attendant(s) would wear face mask at all time and shall strictly adhere to all preventive measures.
6. The hospital would maintain a record on details of all patients and their attendant(s) from outside the State, which will be submitted weekly to the Chief Medical Officer.
7. To call State Toll Free Health Helpline at 1800-345-0019 for any queries.
(Page News Service)