Tuesday, July 16, 2024
Top Stories

25 RD officers sue Department

Nagaland News

DIMAPUR, NOVEMBER 8: Twenty-five officers of the State’s Rural Development (RD) Department have filed a case in Kohima Bench of Gauhati High Court challenging the initial appointments of 13 other officers (RDOs and BDOs) and the regularisation of their services.
After the first hearing held on November 7, Justice Kakheto Sema directed the Counsel for the petitioners to issue notices to the 13 officers impleaded in the case within two days.
Aside from the 13 officers, the other respondents named in the petition include the State of Nagaland represented by Secretary of RD, Commissioner and Secretary of P&R, and Director of RD.
“The case of the petitioner(s) in brief is that the Nagaland Rural Development Service Rules, 2006 regulate the recruitment and conditions of service of employees in the Nagaland Rural Development Department. In terms of the Rules, 25% of the post in the Grade of Block Development Officer (BDO) and its equivalent post of Rural Development Officer (RDO) and Assistant Project Officer (APO) are reserved for the promotees and the remaining 75% is directly recruited through Nagaland Public Service Commission.
“The petitioners have entered service in terms of the Rules whereas the private respondents (13 officers) have entered service dehors (out of record) the 2006 Rules. In the present petition, the petitioners have challenged the initial appointment of the respondent Nos. 4 to 16 by which they were brought into service on deputation and/or on contract. The petitioners have also challenged the notifications dated December 21, 2012 by which the private respondents were absorbed and/or regularised in service dehors the Rules”, it stated.
The next hearing will be on December 8.
(Page News Service)

error: