Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Top Stories

2 youths electrocuted to death at Khonoma village

Logo Page

KOHIMA, SEPTEMBER 26: Two youths from Khonoma Village, in Kohima district, were electrocuted while painting the guest house of Baptist Church Khonoma (BCK) at Khonoma village on Saturday morning.
Sources from the village said that the incident happened around 9 a.m., when Rokovito Meyase, aged 30, and Rovirelie Meru, aged 21, were painting the top floor of the guest house, which belong to Baptist Church Khonoma (BCK). With the accident rendering them both unconscious, they were rushed to Kohima but were declared brought dead by the doctors, a source said.
Necessary formalities were conducted in Kohima and the deceased bodies were taken back to the village, while their funeral service was held at 5 p.m. at the Church premises.
It is learnt that Meyase was working as Baptist Church Khonoma Youth Chairman and Meru was in his B. Sc final year (Botany Department), at Kohima Science College, Jotsoma.
(Page News Service)

error: